It’s been two months since I moved into my apartment and, except for a couple of wrinkles, things are going pretty well. The following is a list of pros and cons of apartment living, in no particular order:
- Not having to climb stairs to go to bed, or carry an overweight dog up the stairs to bed, or go up and down the stairs over and over because I can’t find my glasses.
- Being able to pick up dog poop per dump (on a walk) vs by the kilo (in the backyard).
- Having a cleaner home because now it takes a few minutes to clean vs a few days.
- Being able to do multiple loads of laundry at once rather than one at a time, thereby decreasing your chances of forgetting a load in the machine which, if not retrieved soon, will smell funky and need another wash.
- Having to stop to speak to people in the lobby when you’re in a bad mood or really have to pee.
- Realizing you have the wrong set of keys after you’ve gone all the way downstairs, necessitating a trip back upstairs only to discover that the elevators are in service and are stuck on the 10th floor.
- Walking down the stairs to the terrace and from the terrace to the pool, only to discover you forgot your sunscreen/towel/drink/hat.
- Realizing you are the pool nazi by virtue of complaining to the lifeguard when kids take up the entire pool playing “marco polo.” (All the adults thank me. )